1. Name Taryn
2. Age 19
3. A Brief Description of Yourself (likes, dislikes, etc) I am a college student interested in learning as much as I can about as many different things as I can. My frineds like me because I am crazy and have a wacky/goofy sense of humor which always keeps them entertained. I am not so great at being serious, though.
4. Any hobbies or interests? Dancing, and just completely vegging out and relaxing. I am a complete gossip hound and love to read tabloid magazines.
5. Would you go to the caves or the beach? Why? The beach. I need to feel like I have open space and I would want to know that I have the most (even if limited) contact with the outside world. The caves would be restricting on my hope and I would fear not knowing what is around me.
6. Would you choose Locke or Jack for your leader? Why? I can't trust Locke. He frightens me. I think Locke has some sort of weird psychological thing going on in his headthat I would not want to lead me. I would chose Jack because he seems the most level headed.
7. What is your deepest desire? To love and be loved. In many senses. I want to find a 'soulmate', if such a thing exists. But, I also, in some part of my brain, desire to be well-known, famous, ands popular with people.
8. What is your biggest fear? Being alone. Completely alone with no other opinions or minds around me. I don't mean alone like as if i lost all of my family and friends (although that would be terrifying and traumatic in itself), i mean alone as if there were no other souls around me at all. That is why death and the afterlife scare me. I am afraid it will send me to somplace like that.
9. Do you believe in fate? Completely. I believe in all sorts of higher powers that may surround us here on this mortal Earth.
10. If you were saved from the island, and had the options of:
a) Never returning to the island
b) Revisiting the island for a documentary and a large pay check, which would you choose?
I would never go back. Somthing in me would believe that I was being pulled back to the trauma i was a part of on the island for some ungodly terrifying reason and I would resist as much as possible.
11. If you were saving three people, would you rather save two, at the expense the other?s life, or try to save all try them without guarantee that any of you would survive?
At first glance of this question, I wanted to say that I would save only two, only to ensure that I remaineed alive. Selfish, maybe, but that's how I feel. But as I got to thinking about it, I have no idea how I would choose the two of three people to save. The hardest part of the situation for me would be to place a value on somebody's life. I don't think I could do that. I would end up trying my hardest to save everyone and challenging this ultimatum.
12. Which is more valuable, science or faith? It's difficult for me to ignore either one. In answering this question, I have to ask myself not which one is more prevalent, but which one is not least prevalent in life. I would probably value faith over science because I am conviced that science has not figured everything out.
13. What do you think of love? Love is not what everybody (mostly movies) draws it out to be. I think love exists everywhere. But as far as loving one person forever, I am skeptical. Mind you, I will say I've never been in love with one person before.
14. Are you trust worthy of a secret? No. I gossip and spread secrets. Always. All it takes is a little persuasion. But, I have learned to keep my own secrets in the bag.
15. What do look for in a friend and/or partner? A sense of humor and sense of style is key. I realized that the other day. My best friend and I (our friendship is going on 13 years now) have nothing in common, really. All that we share which has kept our bond so strong is our sense of humor.
16. -FINALLY- Why would you have been on that plane to LA anyway? Why would I be flying from Australia to Los Angeles? Prolly because I had taken a vacation to Australia with a friend or two, just for fun.