1. Name: Kait
2. Age: 17
3. A Brief Description of Yourself (likes, dislikes, etc): Let's see... I am tall,
athletic (addicted to the "runner's high"), serious and focused on my goals,
obsessed with details, loyal to a fault, devoted, efficient, a shameless nerd, often
sarcastic, slow to trust others, polite, rational, analytical, sometimes perceived as
cold, patient, slow to anger, and a swinging brunette who likes bubble baths and
long walks on the beach ;)
4. Any hobbies or interests? I love to play soccer, run track and
cross-country, swim, box, read, and listen to music
5. Would you go to the caves or the beach? Why? Caves- the water's
there, I personally consider it safer, and it seems unrealistic to keep believing that
a rescuer is going to come after so many days. It's definitely necessary to have
people keeping a signal fire going, but as long as there are other people ready and
willing to do that, I think my abilities would make me more helpful in using what we
have to create a safe sort of "home away from home."
6. Would you choose Locke or Jack for your leader? Why? Definitely Jack.
He has proven his willingness to go out on a limb to help other people (attempts at
saving Boone, crazy hero rampage in the pilot episode, etc.), while Locke has only
proven his willingness to ignore advice and put others out on a limb to advance his
own interests (sacrifice of Boone, ignoring both Walt's and Hurley's advice not to
open the hatch, etc.) I also think Jack's a much more consistent and dependable
character than Locke.
7. What is your deepest desire? To be able to look back on my life one day
and view it as worthwhile, to have followed the typical girl scout mantra of leaving
a place better than the way I found it.
8. What is your biggest fear? Failure with a capital F.
9. Do you believe in fate? "Believing in fate produces fate. believing in
freedom will create infinite possibilities" Rock on, Ayn Rand. No, i don't.
10. If you were saved from the island, and had the options of:
a) Never returning to the islandOR
b) Revisiting the island for a documentary and a large pay check, which would you
choose? I think I'd choose to revisit the island, but not necessarily for the
documentary/pay check (though those are nice bonuses for sure). I think for me
it'd be more of a closure thing, for the same reason that when you fall off a bicycle
as a kid you have to get right back on and conquer your fear.
11. If you were saving three people, would you rather save two, at the
expense the other’s life, or try to save all try them without guarantee that any of
you would survive? I would try to save them all, if just for the selfish reason
that I wouldn't be able to deal with the reality of knowing that I chose to leave
someone behind when I had the opportunity to intervene.
12. Which is more valuable, science or faith? For me, science definitely
holds more water than religious faith. However, in general I think the two are
pretty balanced. We'd never have science to begin with if the first scientists didn't
have faith in the power of chance to try something new or faith in their own ability
to question the world.
13. What do you think of love? I think it exists, but it's not something that
just comes to you. I don't believe in soul mates or love at first sight or any of
that. I think love is something you have to work at and perfect over many years,
and if you attain it, that's great, but if you don't, that doesn't make your life
14. Are you trust worthy of a secret?Absolutely.
15. What do look for in a friend and/or partner?I look for someone whom I
can trust, who respects and understands me and likes me for who I am, someone
who shares my values and goals and generally someone I could talk to for hours.
16. -FINALLY- Why would you have been on that plane to LA anyway?
Probably coming home from a vacation or something, I can't think of too many
other reasons why I'd go to Australia.</lj-cut text="In the great green room there was a telephone"